Richard R. Barron is Chief Photographer for The Ada News. Richard has been at the News since October 1988. Prior to coming to Ada, Richard worked as staff photographer for The Shawnee News-Star. Richard attended Oklahoma University.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Steven Albert Warkaske Jr., 49, of Ada passed away Sunday, March 29, 2020, in Ada. A come-and-go viewing will be held from 2-5 p.m. today at Estes-Phillips Funeral Home in Ada. Due to current world events, a private interment will happen at a later date.
ADA [ndash] Former East Central University golf coach Danny Key passed away Monday, March 30, at the age of 67. Key was a 1974 graduate of ECU who had a career in the energy industry in Houston before coming home to Ada to work with the Chickasaw Nation. He served the Nation for 11 years as …
MIDWEST CITY [ndash] Amanda Gayle Estes McPhetridge, 42, of Midwest City passed away Saturday, March 28, 2020. Due to current world events, a come-and-go viewing will be held from noon until 5 p.m. today at Estes-Phillips Funeral Home in Ada. A private interment will be held at a later date.
ADA [ndash] Graveside services for Emily Ann Bess-Dixon, 37, of Ada are at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Lightning Ridge Cemetery. Chad Large will officiate. Mrs. Bess-Dixon died Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at a local hospital. She was born Oct. 24, 1982, to Larry Bess and Karen Hallmark. She graduated …
LULA [ndash] Graveside services for Leona Young, 93, of Lula are at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Centrahoma Cemetery. The Rev. Buddy Drake will officate. The family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m. today at Criswell Funeral Home. Mrs. Young passed away Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at a Coalgate nu…
- UPDATE: Death on W. 12th Street was reported as a ‘murder’
- Second positive test for COVID-19 confirmed in Pontotoc County
- Ada police are investigating a reported murder
- Ada Police Department announces new accident policy
- Inmate convicted in Seminole County arson among 2 who walked away from DOC facility
- Stratford woman injured in two-vehicle wreck
- Police identify 12th Street murder victim, seek public help
- OSSAA vote follows decision by state board of education
- Byng-Francis Road closed Tuesday for motorcycle crash
- Aldridge Coffee Shop struggles, but carries on