ADA — The preliminary hearing of an Ada man charged with the felony murder of the late 16-year-old Caitlin Wooten begins today at Pontotoc County courthouse.
Faye Francis Sliger was arrested Sept. 24 in connection with the abduction of Wooten that subsequently ended with her murder and suicide of her killer, his friend Jerry Don Savage, 47, Ada. According to court records, Sliger allegedly engaged in phone conversations with Savage after Wooten's abduction and Amber Alert, but failed to notify law enforcement of his knowledge.
Since his arrest, Sliger has been held without bond awaiting trial. On Nov. 10, approximately 35 of Sliger's family, friends, and colleagues spoke on his behalf at a bond hearing. Judge John D. Miller again denied Sliger bond but said he would reconsider after evidence is presented at the preliminary hearing.
Sliger's girlfriend, Karen Maureen Dial, 45, Ada, was also arrested in connection with the crimes and charged with accessory after the fact to a felony.
Dial is accused of helping Sliger conceal knowledge from law enforcement relevant to Wooten's abduction and subsequent murder.
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Wanda Lee Brewer, 91, of Ada, Oklahoma passed away Sunday, June 13, 2021, in Ada. Services for Wanda will be held Thursday, June 17, 2021, at 10 a.m. at the Estes-Phillips Funeral Home Chapel, with Bro. Roger Arter officiating. Interment will follow at New Bethel Cemetery. For up…
- Adult altercation brings little league game to abrupt end
- Ada woman injured in Marshall County crash
- Former Byng coach joins Hall of Fame board
- Harwell steps down as Ada Athletic Director
- Brad O'Steen reportedly leaving Lone Grove to replace Berus at Ada
- Kiwanis of Greater Ada announces Independence Day events
- Former ECU player, coach now at Milburn
- Nelson named Ada News publisher
- How did Father's Day originate and how can I celebrate it Sunday?
- UPDATE - Three injured on Thursday in a train versus bus collision