The Ada Board of Education honored the winners of Ada City Schools’ aviation art and essay contests Monday.
The contests were tied to the school district’s “The Sky is Not the Limit” aerospace education program, which introduces students to the aviation industry and encourages them to consider career opportunities in the field.
The winners of the inaugural art contest were:
• Hayes Grade Center: Kolten Fuller, first place.
• Washington Grade Center: Jadyce Burns, first place; Emory Anderson, second place.
• Willard Grade Center: Faith Lawson, first place; Anneliese Weir, second place.
• Ada Junior High School: Allison Osborn, first place; Patience Williams and Trevor John, second place.
• Ada High School: Hunter Martinez, first place; Colee Rogers, second place.
Faith Lawson and Anneliese Weir were also the second- and third-place winners in the Oklahoma 2019 International Aviation Art Contest, sponsored by the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission. The statewide competition encourages students ages 6 to 17 to reflect on aviation by designing art inspired by the contest’s theme.
Essay contest winners were Lucas Rogers, Austen Guajardo, Jessica Bolin and Rylan Burrows.