The graduating class of the 2016 Ada Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership YOUniversity program will be honored during a luncheon ceremony at Oak Hills Country Club on Friday, May 27.
Keynoter for the luncheon is former Oklahoma Speaker of the House T.W. Shannon. Twenty-eight professionals from the Ada area were selected in January of this year to attend six one-day interactive workshops designed to enhance their leadership skills.
“The Chamber of Commerce is very excited about the people who’ve completed this year’s class,” said Chea Christian, chair of the Chamber’s Leadership YOUniversity Committee. “The 2016 class is an outstanding blend of existing and emerging leaders from a wide variety of backgrounds.”
Members of the 2016 class are:
• Susan Boyington is employed by the Alzheimer’s Association. Susan’s job responsibilities include physician outreach, hosting educational programs to increase awareness and creating and maintain local support groups. Susan is a graduate of Ada High School and has her bachelor of science degree in family and consumer science from East Central University. Susan currently lives in Ada and has 4 children.
• Chance Brown facilitates special projects for the Chickasaw Division of Arts and Humanities. He is a graduate of Dickson High School and has his bachelors of fine arts degree from East Central University.
•Misti Dawn Brown is an administrative assistant for the Chickasaw Nation. She is a graduate of Pauls Valley High School and has an Associate’s Degree from Murray State College. She plans on graduating from East Central University with a bachelor’s degree in business.
• A graduate of Byng High School, Kynlee Clinton, is employed by Vision Bank and is pursuing a business degree from East Central University.
•Amy Gantt is a retention coordinator for the Chickasaw Nation. She currently helps students obtain scholarships who are planning on attending college at Murray State and Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
• Jennifer Harwell is a graduate of Ada High School and has her kinesiology-exercise science degree from East Central University. She is currently a mortgage loan associate for Vision Bank where she processes mortgage loans.
• Taylor Howard is a graduate of Marlow High School and has his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and Finance from East Central University. Taylor is a Financial Advisor at Edward Jones where he helps his clients develop strategies to meet their long-term financial goals and aspirations with a focus on retirement, education, insurance, and estate planning.
• Lucas Hudson is employed by People’s Electric Cooperative as Assistant Vice-President of Information Technology. Lucas is a graduate of Ada High School and obtained a Psychology degree from East Central University in 2006. He is currently enrolled at ECU, taking computer science classes.
• Dakota Jones is a Loan Associate/CSR for Vision Bank at the Arlington location in Ada. She processes the consumer and commercial loans and maintains consumer and commercial accounts. Dakota is a graduate of Vanoss High School and has a Business Administration-Finance Degree from East Central University.
Sarah Jones is a graduate of Kingston High School and has her Associate-Agriculture Degree from Eastern Oklahoma State College and Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from East Central University. Sarah is employed as the Emergency Manager for the Chickasaw Nation. She is responsible to coordinate resources and expertise between leadership and first responders. Sarah enjoys coaching 12U fastpitch softball and playing co-ed softball.
• Carey Landwehr is an MBA candidate and Special Projects Coordinate for Chickasaw Nation in the Arts and Humanities Division. Carey assists in the creation and development of activities and programs for the Chickasaw Nation.
• Rebecca Lighfoot is an Administrative Assistant with the Chickasaw Nation. She is a graduate of Denton High School and has taken classes at East Central University.
Stephenie Luna is a gr• aduate of Ada High School and is employed as the Accounts Supervisor for Citizens Bank of Ada. Stephanie is responsible for establishing new and existing customers for Citizens Bank.
• Stacie MacCollister is employed as an Executive Assistant for the Chickasaw Nation where she functions as a liaison between administration, employees, and other departments, clients, and the public. She is a graduate of Allen High School and received her Business Management and Administrative Assistant certification from Pontotoc Technology Center. She has her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Native America Studies from East Central University.
• Sherrill Martin is a Program Assistant for the Chickasaw Foundation. She conducts research for the Chickasaw Foundation initiatives, projects and grants, and writes and edits material for publication. Sherill graduated from Key West High School and attended the University of Phoenix.
• Trena Mason hopes to expand her leadership skills to advance within the work force. Trena is currently employed with the Chickasaw Nation.
• Jill McDonald is employed by Chickasaw Nation as the Creative Services Director where she manages the Creative Services and Production Department. She graduated from Byng High School and Southeastern University with a degree in Broadcasting.
• Allyson McElroy is the Vice-President/Customer Service at People’s Electric Cooperative. Allyson is responsible for implementing company-wide programs, creating customer training events and maintaining quality relations with other electric accounts. Allyson is a graduate of Ada High School and has a Bachelor’s of Arts in English from East Central University.
• Brandon Naifeh is an Assistant Vice-President at First United Bank and Trust where he handles daily consumer and commercial loan transactions along with organizing business development plans. Brandon is a graduate of Latta High School and has his Bachelor of Science Degree from Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
• Ashley Peery is an Administrative Assistant for the Chickasaw Nation. Ashley is a graduate of Byng High School and has attended Kiamichi Technology Center and East Central University.
Brandon Postoak is a school-to-work employee with the Chickasaw Nation. He is a graduate of Allen High School and has his Associate of Science degree from Murray State College. He is currently attending East Central University.
• Katie Quinlan is an Administrative Assistant at Pontotoc Technology Center. She is a graduate of Ada High School and has her Bachelor of Science Degree in Family and Consumer Science from East Central University and she is currently pursuing her Masters in Educational Technology.
• Jennifer Rogers is a Senior Benefits Generalist for the Chickasaw Nation where she processes life insurance claims for all the Chickasaw Nation employees and their dependents. Jennifer graduated from Ada High School and has her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Human Resources/Criminal Justice from East Central University.
• Rachel Smith is a graduate of Byng High School and is currently attending East Central University to obtain her degree in Business Management. Rachel is currently the Wal-Mart Branch Manager for Citizens Bank.
• Lin Tso is employed by the Chickasaw Nation Headquarters in the Finance area where she is an Accountant. Lin is a graduate of Butner High School and she attended Pontotoc Technology Center. She also has her Associate of Science Degree from Murray State College.
• Jeremy Wood is a special assets officer for Vision Bank. He is a graduate of Ada High School and has his Bachelor of Science Degree from East Central University.
• Rachel Wood is the Internal Audit Manager for the Chickasaw Nation where she is responsible for preparing the monthly reconciliation for the Bureau of Indian Affairs trust accounts. Rachel is a graduate of Coalgate High School and has her Bachelor of Science Degree from East Central University.
The Ada Area Chamber of Commerce was established in 1924 and is the area’s oldest and largest business development and advocacy organization with nearly 400 members. The Chamber is dedicated to promoting local business, promoting the community, providing networking opportunities and business contacts for members, and representing business interests to local and state government. For more information about Leadership YOUniversity or the Ada Area Chamber of Commerce, phone 580-332-2506.