The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Bryan Randall Benefield, 64, of Ada, Oklahoma passed away Sunday, Aug. 1, 2021, in Ada. Memorial services will be held at 10 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 5, 2021, at Estes-Phillips Funeral Home Chapel in Ada, Oklahoma. Interment will follow at Holdenville Cemetery in Holdenville, Oklahom…
- At least seven injured in head-on crash near Stonewall
- Coalgate woman dies in Tuesday crash
- Williams steps down, Johnson steps in as ECU AD
- Ada-based company introduces high octane unleaded avgas
- Man arrested for meth trafficking
- OSU president blasts OU on SEC move
- Rape charge dismissed due to 'McGirt'
- Mercy tightening visitor restrictions at all campuses and clinics across Oklahoma
- SOCA players compete at Oklahoma Cornhole Association State Tournament
- Ada Senior Care Center is struggling to find their way