All non-essential businesses statewide must now close even if there are no locally confirmed cases of COVID-19, Gov. Kevin Stitt announced Wednesday, though he continued to reject growing pressure to issue a statewide shelter-in-place order, saying that already taken steps are enough to redu…
Follow the latest local and national stories developing about the monitoring of COVID-19, the new disease caused by the coronavirus.
In response to COVID-19, Oklahoma City VA Health Care System is making it easier and safer for Veterans to access services from home. As such, OKCVAHCS is moving as many in-person appointments to virtual care as possible.
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
ADA [ndash] Steven Albert Warkaske Jr., 49, of Ada passed away Sunday, March 29, 2020, in Ada. A come-and-go viewing will be held from 2-5 p.m. today at Estes-Phillips Funeral Home in Ada. Due to current world events, a private interment will happen at a later date.
ADA [ndash] Former East Central University golf coach Danny Key passed away Monday, March 30, at the age of 67. Key was a 1974 graduate of ECU who had a career in the energy industry in Houston before coming home to Ada to work with the Chickasaw Nation. He served the Nation for 11 years as …
MIDWEST CITY [ndash] Amanda Gayle Estes McPhetridge, 42, of Midwest City passed away Saturday, March 28, 2020. Due to current world events, a come-and-go viewing will be held from noon until 5 p.m. today at Estes-Phillips Funeral Home in Ada. A private interment will be held at a later date.
ADA [ndash] Graveside services for Emily Ann Bess-Dixon, 37, of Ada are at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Lightning Ridge Cemetery. Chad Large will officiate. Mrs. Bess-Dixon died Wednesday, March 25, 2020, at a local hospital. She was born Oct. 24, 1982, to Larry Bess and Karen Hallmark. She graduated …
- Ada police are investigating a reported murder
- UPDATE: Death on W. 12th Street was reported as a ‘murder’
- Second positive test for COVID-19 confirmed in Pontotoc County
- COVID-19: Pontotoc County cases climb to 5
- Gov. Stitt extends 'Safer at Home' order to April 30, now applies to all 77 counties
- Stratford woman injured in two-vehicle wreck
- Starbucks confirms Ada location this fall
- Police identify 12th Street murder victim, seek public help
- Felonies April 1 2020
- Aldridge Coffee Shop struggles, but carries on