Ada — Ex-Ada firefighter Jason Smeltz was found not guilty of using a computer to put another person in fear of physical harm or death. A Pontotoc County jury deliberated for about 90 minutes before making its decision. Look for more details in The Ada News.
- Local News
- Local Sports
Latta team holds off Haworth
Eleven months and three weeks or so ago, the Latta Panthers were battling Haworth in a Class 2A State championship game. Latta fans won’t soon forget handing out that 58-41 shellacking to win the gold ball.
Friday’s night’s rematch in a 2A Area Tournament title tilt inside Byng’s Bill Koller Fieldhouse was much closer.
- Lady Cougars stop No. 1 Fort Gibson in overtime
- Video Snapshot: Latta Basketball at Area Tournament
- Ada soccer program overcomes early odds
- Eight is enough for Ada Cougars
- Latta team holds off Haworth
The Sermon on the Mount: Part 1
After Christ called His first disciples to follow Him, He began His ministry in Galilee. He was “teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.” (Matthew 4:23)
- Practicing the presence of God
- Church recipient of legacies in memory of deceased members
- One-way thinking
- Opinions from around the State
- The Sermon on the Mount: Part 1