Oklahoma City —
The American Red Cross is now offering a new online class to teach those 11 and older the skills necessary to provide care for children and infants.
This four-hour online course will combine video and interactive activities to develop leadership skills, how to develop a babysitting business, keep themselves and the children in their care safe and learn basic child care and first aid.
Upon successful completion of the online course, students will receive certification stating that they have completed the American Red Cross Babysitting Basics course. They will be Red Crosscertified in basic babysitting knowledge and skills, but not first aid and CPR. In order to become certified in first aid and CPR, students will have to attend an instructor-led infant/child CPR and first aid course.
• Based on the traditional in-person Babysitter’s Training course.
• Course design helps students master key content, as each online lesson must be successfully completed before moving on to the next lesson.
• Participants who successfully complete the course receive a certificate of completion.
• Additional self-directed learning available for no extra charge in the course’s resource center, including skill sheets, fact sheets, template resumes, administrative forms and age-appropriate activity ideas.
Interactive and Engaging
• Learning enhanced by a high level of interactive elements, including animated hosts, video scenarios, case study scenarios, drag-and-drop and point-and-click exercises.
• The online activities are designed to promote critical thinking and to demonstrate the learner’s application of learned concepts.
• Participants earn badges as they progress.
• Social media features let students share their progress with friends and family.
Convenient and Effective
• Overall class time is less than in-person course (four hours versus six hours).
• Modular, self-paced course design allows students to stop and start training as needed.
• Training can be completed 24/7 from any computer or mobile device.
• Final online exam ensures students have mastered course content.
For more information, visit redcross.org/babysitting.