Saturday, April 13
At Ada Junior High Tennis Tournament
1. Heritage Hall 62
2. Ada 52
3. Edmond Sequoyah 49
4. Edmond Cimmaron 45
5. Durant 40
6. Edmond Memorial 36
(tie) McAlester 36
8. Duncan 35
9. Byng 27
10. Ardmore 26
11. Shawnee 17
Ada Individual Results
1. Jordan Michael (Durant) def. Chad Whittington (Ada) 6-1, 6-0 (3rd Place).
2. Harrison Boggs (Ada) def. Ben Domingue (McAlester) 6-4, 6-2 (3rd Place).
2. Juan Oseguera (Ada II) def. Trader Johnston (Ardmore) 8-1 (11th Place).
1. Cohlimia/Kaiser (Heritage Hall) def. Daniel Carpenter-Hunter Frazier (Ada) 6-4, 1-6, 10-6 (1st Place).
2. Will Rowe-Brandon Todd (Ada) def. Baldridge-Multani (Edmond Cimmaron) 7-5, 7-5 (3rd Place).
2. Ethan Clark-Chris Spain (Ada II) def. Logan-Roark (Shawnee) 8-1 (11th Place).
NOTEWORTHY: The Ada boy’s team qualified for the Junior High Tennis Team State Championships in Tulsa on May 17.
Up Next: Ada boys at Ardmore Junior High Tennis Tournament Thursday.
Friday, April 12
Ada Junior High Tennis Tournament
1. Edmond Sequoyah 58
(tie) Duncan 58
3. Edmond Cimmaron 50
4. Heritage Hall 47
5. Ada 45
6. Byng 35
7. McAlester 33
8. Edmond Memorial 28
(tie) Shawnee 28
10. Durant 24
11. Ardmore 19
(tie) Pauls Valley 19
Ada Individual Results
1. Karsen Sheffield (Ada) def. Molly Ervin (McAlester) 6-3, 7-5 (5th Place).
2. Cydney Linehan (McAlester) def. Maggie Summers (Ada) 6-0, 6-0 (7th Place).
2. Maci McCoy (Durant) def. Savannah Cloar (Ada II) 8-5 (13th Place).
1. Lauren Burden-Morganne Freeman (Ada) def. Acuna-Rose (Edmond Cimmaron) 6-4, 7-5 (3rd Place).
1. Bratcher-Dobbins (Pauls Valley) def. Lauryn Hawkins-Maggie Johnson (Ada II) 8-1 (13th Place).
2. McKenzie Dean-Kendal Johnson (Ada) def. Byrne-McCoy (Edmond Cimmaron) 6-2, 6-2 (3rd Place).
2. Koch-Koch (Heritage Hall II) def. Alyson Hawkins-Cadey Netherton (Ada II) 8-1 (13th Place).
2. Johnson-Namuhmuh (McAlester) def. Gillian Cloar-Madyson Mitchell (Ada III) 8-0 (15th Place).
Up Next: Ada at Ardmore Junior High Tournament Thursday.
Saturday, April 13
Video Snapshot: Latta Basketball at Area Tournament
Latta girls and boys basketball in Class 2A Area Championship play at Byng's Bill Koller Field House Friday night, March 7, 2014.
Ada soccer program overcomes early odds
When former Ada Schools superintendent Zane Bowman decided in 1998 it was time to initiate a high school soccer program at Ada High, he likely did so with fingers crossed.
Eight is enough for Ada Cougars
Junior forward Tyler Degraw recorded three goals for a hat trick and picked up two assists as the Ada High School boys soccer team rolled to an 8-0 rout of Atoka on Tuesday in the Cougars’ season opener.
East Central Women's Basketball Notebook
The East Central University women’s basketball team will continue its 2013-14 season at the 2014 Great American Conference Tournament this weekend in Bartlesville.
2001 state champs giving back to Ada baseball program
Ada High baseball coach Elliott Alberson was part of the 2001 Cougar team that captured the school’s last state championship.
Lady Cougars conquer the Conquerors
The old adage in sports “Defense wins championships” played out Saturday night during the girls Class 4A Regional championship game in Checotah.
No. 1 Victory Christian shuts down Ada boys
Top-ranked Victory Christian outscored 19th-ranked Ada, 28-13, in the second half in pulling away for a 44-25 victory over the Cougars Saturday in a Class 4A regional final at Checotah High School.
Roff boys fall just short of Class A State Tournament
Kiowa’s Brycen Overton hit a bucket with six seconds to go as the Cowboys outlasted the Roff Tigers, 34-32, to capture the runner-up title in a Class A boys area basketball contest on Saturday at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
Latta girls get offensive with Rush Springs
Much has been said about a Latta Lady Panthers’ defense that has allowed just a hair over 30 points per game this season. But Latta’s offense was efficiently good Saturday night.
Latta boys hang on!
Last-second layup won't fall for Christian Heritage in 47-45 win
- More Sports Headlines
- Video Snapshot: Latta Basketball at Area Tournament