NORMAN — Oklahoma football’s fan-centric Meet the Sooners Day is a little earlier this year.
OU will hold its annual event Sunday, July 22, at Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, it was announced Tuesday.
Last year it was held nearly two weeks later on the calendar, in early August, but the shift is unlikely to affect what’s been one of the program’s most popular traditions. Kids (14 and under) are allowed to receive autographs from their favorite Sooner football players and see them up close in uniform.
This year, fans can view OU’s new Jordan Brand uniforms and other gear during a display in the Switzer Center grand lobby (south end of the stadium). The first 200 fans will get a free OU Jordan Brand T-shirt.
As always, there are rules, guidelines and a schedule:
• Kids 14 and under must be accompanied by a maximum of one adult. Adults are not allowed to receive autographs.
• Each child may bring no more than one item to be signed.
• Beginning at noon on the day of the event, a line for the general public will form at Gate 5 at the stadium’s northwest corner. The Sooner Jr. Kids Club check-in begins at noon, and the Kids Club autograph session begins at 1 p.m. General patrons will be admitted at 1:30, and the entire session ends at 3.
• Kids Club applications can be found online. In order to receive early admission during Meet the Sooners, the $50 registration must be completed by July 20 at noon.
• Parking is free in campus lots and the Asp Avenue structure, there are public restrooms, and the OU bookstore and athletic ticket office will open at 11:30 a.m. July 22. Concession stands don’t serve food, but free water is available.