Byng 2, Durant 2
1. Jordan Johnson (B) def. Kyle Savage, 6-0, 6-4
2. Ryan Ennis (B) def. Corey Rucker, 6-4, 6-0
1. Lilley-Duthie (D) def. Clay Thompson-Michael Rossom (B), 6-2, 6-0
2. Lindley and Bateman (D) def. Marcus Souza and Luis Monjaraz (B), 6-0, 6-1
NOTEWORTHY: Jordan Johnson — selected Oklahoma’s Tennis Player of the Week last week by the Oklahoman — scored an easy victory in No. 1 singles to lead Byng to the split with Durant. Johnson has won four singles titles this spring and was runner-up at a fifth tournament. Ryan Ennis of Byng also scored an easy win in Monday in No. 2 singles
Byng 1, Durant 1
1. Kelly Pettus (B) def. Jessica Ashley (D), 6-0, 6-3.
2. Rebecca Ellis (D) def. Kelsey Forman (B), 4-6, Forman retired
NOTEWORTHY: Kelly Pettus of Byng scored a straight-set victory in No. 1 singles, and the Lady Pirates were on their way to a swep when Kelsey Forman was forced to retire because of the heat after winning her first set against Durant’s Rebecca Ellis.
Up Next: Byng at McAlester Tournament Friday.