Byng 8, Davis 6
DAVIS 011 011 2 — 6 9 2
BYNG 122 120 x — 8 6 5
Wilson, Heatherington (6) and Heatherington, Wilson (6). Brandon Fortner and Joe Nemecek. WP-Fortner. LP-Wilson. HR-Heatherington (D). 2B-Heatherington (D), Jake Scroggins 2, Clint Humphers, Justin Frazier (B). HL-Heatherington 3-4, 2 RS, RBI; Weber 3-4, 2 RS (D); Scroggins 2-4, RS, RBI; Humphers 2-3, RS, 3 RBIs; Tyler Pierce 1-2, 2 RBIs; Frazier 1-1, 3 RS (B).
NOTEWORTHY: Clint Humphers drove in three runs to help Byng to an 8-3 lead, and the Pirates held on to beat Davis. Humphers had an RBI double in the third inning and a two-run single in the fifth to drive in the Pirates’ last two runs. Jake Scroggins had two doubles and an RBI, Tyler Pierce drove in two runs, and Justin Frazier doubled and scored three times for Byng. Grant Heatherington had three hits, including a home run, for the Wolves.
Team Records: Byng 15-9
Up Next: Byng vs. Seminole today, 12:30 p.m. at Hill-Prescott Memorial Tournament in Byng.
Byng 8, McLoud 1
BYNG 113 100 2 — 8 14 1
MCLOUD 001 000 0 — 1 1 5
Clint Humphers, Reid Wall (6), Tyler Pierce (7) and Joe Nemecek. Lay and Smith. HR-Ryan Williams (B). HL-Williams 3-4, RS, 4 RBIs; Jake Scroggins 2-4, RS; Brandon Fortner 2-5, 2 RS; Justin Frazier 2-4, 2 RS (B).
NOTEWORTHY: Clint Humphers struck out eight over five innings and combined with two relievers on a one-hitter, and Ryan Williams homered and drove in four runs to lead Byng to the road win. Williams hit a three-run shot in the third to put the Pirates up 5-0. McLoud’s only run was unearned as the result of the only Byng error in the game.
Team Records: Byng 14-9
At Harrah Tournament
1. Byng 31
2. Norman 29
3. Harrah 23
1. Jarrett Ferguson (Norman) def. Dakota Roberson (B), 6-4, 6-4 (Championship).
2. Neil Jorgenson (Byng) def. Preston Meister (Norman), 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 (Championship).
1. Ed Sallee and Kai Jorgenson (B) def. Nichols and Bennett (St. Mary’s), 6-0, 6-0 (3rd Place)
2. Caleb McGaha and Dylan West (B) def. Nowka and Welton (Harrah), 7-6, 5-7, 6-4 (Championship).
NOTEWORTHY: Caleb McGaha and Dylan West clinched the team title for Byng with a marathon win at No. 2 Doubles. Neil Jorgenson also took home the crown in No. 2 Singles, defeating Preston Meister of Norman in three sets, and Dakota Roberson was runner-up at No. 1 Singles. In No. 1 Doubles, Ed Sallee and Kai Jorgenson scored a straight-set victory in the third-place match.
COACHES QUOTE: “That was a good win in No. 2 Doubles, because we lost to those kids last week and it sealed the win over Norman.” — Byng coach Alan Simpson.
Up Next: Byng at McAlester Friday.
JR. HIGH TENNIS
At Ada Tournament
1. Duncan 59
2. Heriitage Hall 56
3. Ada 49
4. Byng 43
1. Andrea Burnsworth (B) def. Emily Stobbe (Shawnee), 8-2 (9th Place)
2. Kalina Popova (B) def. Crystal Hixson (McAlester), 8-1 (5th Place)
1. Kaitlyn Atkeson and Samantha Jones (B) def. Shotridge and Vincent (Bixby), 8-3 (5th Place).
2. Clauson and Mouser (Duncan) def. Anna Fortner and Melissa Hernandez (B), 6-0, 6-1 (Championship).
Up Next: Byng at Seminole Friday