The average basketball reader might not understand the following quote from Ada Lady Cougars coach Christie Jennings on her team’s Tuesday night performance against Duncan: “We didn’t play very well but got fortunate to come away with a win. We will be more focused for Friday’s district game at Dickson.”
Reasons you might be confused:
• Ada shut out Duncan in two of the four quarters.
• Ada won the game by 35 points.
• The Lady Cougars won for the 16th time in 23 games.
• Only two players on the Lady Demons’ 14-person squad actually scored points against the Lady Cougars.
• Aaliyah Blakley scored two less points (17) than the entire Duncan squad.
We’ll have no more of that, girls.
The average basketball reader just has to understand: Coaches are a tough sale, and they know competition when they see it. Jennings, though she’d never come right out and say it, saw no competition for the last three quarters of Tuesday night’s 54-19 victory over Duncan, and true enough, her team was a little sloppy at times.
It was actually a game of streaks inside the Cougar Activity Center, some streaks admittedly lasting a whole lot longer than others.
Read more in The Ada News. Call 580-332-4433 to subscribe today!