Libraries aren’t just about books anymore.
After 30 years of imprisonment for a 1987 rape, Perry Lott walked out of the Pontotoc County Courthouse a free man on July 9. Lott, represented by the Innocence Project, requested a new trial as a result of recently tested DNA evidence. No physical evidence linked Lott to the crime scene, an…
One of the most unsurprising things about President Donald Trump’s first days in office is that it was full of surprises in the voices and images that consumed the national media’s attention.
Donald Trump’s impromptu comment Tuesday regarding the Second Amendment might have been a rallying cry for gun owners to vote for him, but the words carried a dangerous underlying message.
State District Judge Deborah Oakes Evans got her prior-restraint priorities right Tuesday when she excluded the press from an earlier unconstitutional court order restricting news coverage of the East Texas mass murder case.
Certainly the most valuable friends in life are those who are unafraid to speak the honest, unapologetic truth when it desperately needs to be heard. Through his powerful speech before Congress, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu proved that he, and his country, remains exactly that k…
Is Social Security worth saving? Most Americans seem to think so— and most are willing to pay slightly higher taxes to keep it solvent.
As Oklahoma legislators prepare once again to meet in open session, it seems an appropriate time to renew a fundamental reality involving the public’s right to know. It is this: Public notices printed in newspapers and published on newspaper websites are vital to maintaining transparency.
This Week's Circulars
- Ada man held without bail on rape, kidnapping and assault charges
- Two injured in wrecks on area roads
- Pontotoc County man charged with lewd molestation
- Ada man charged with assaulting Sheriff's deputies; three arrested
- Ada turned away by powerful Duncan defense
- Trooper arrested on DUI, firearm possession charges
- Cougars to host No. 10 Duncan
- East End Eats
- Ada Area Chamber welcomes two new members
- DA candidates tout qualifications at ECU forum