TAHLEQUAH, Okla. — Deputies of the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office responded on March 4 to a report of an accident that resulted in an man's electrocution.

Witnesses say Gregory Michael Chabra, 26, was killed after he accidentally touched an exposed electrical current while burning designs into a wooden stool with a homemade Lichtenberg device. The witnesses told deputies Chabra was using cables and baling wire, attached to a powered transformer from a microwave oven.

The witnesses said Chabra inadvertently made contact with the current, and one witness rushed to knock Chabra away. Chabra reportedly took a few steps and claimed to be OK, before collapsing on the floor.

Chabra was pronounced dead after being transported to Northeastern Health System by ambulance.


This Week's Circulars