AUGUST 20, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Ada Prime Timers meet at J.d.’s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. The meal will be served at 6 p.m. East Central University President John Hargrave will give a film presentiona. Guests are welcome.
AUGUST 21, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and is open to the public.
AUGUST 24, 2013
• Garvin County Republican Party is conducting a “Beans, Boots, and Bet You Didn’t Know That” information event. Phone 405 740-5131 for more information.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
AUGUST 26, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
AUGUST 27, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada Public Library . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone William Cox, commander, at 580-235-6279, Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115 or email WAC_6600@yahoo.com.