Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MAY 25, 2013
• Owl Creek Community and School Reunion is May 25 at Owl Creek Community Church. Guests are to take a covered dish and lawn chairs.
• Vamoosa Alumni and Community Reunion will take place at the old Vamoosa School, which is now Grace Community Church. Take a covered dish and join the celebration if you went to school in Vamoosa or lived in the area.
MAY 27, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
MAY 28, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada Public Library . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone Louis Dunlap, commander, at 580-436-2725 or Rich Putman.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MAY 29, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $6 per person and is open to the public.