With summer now in full swing, city officials would like to encourage residents to honor local ordinances pertaining to yard maintenance.
For property owners within city limits, here are some basic guidelines to follow:
- Never allow length of grass to exceed 12 inches.
- Never deposit lawn clippings on public rights-of-way such as streets, sidewalks, alleys, or city-maintained parking areas. Mowed clippings should be returned to the yard or bagged for curbside collection along with regular trash.
- Never allow weeds, tree trimmings, trash, or other forms of junk to accumulate.
- Under no condition should yard trimmings be burned inside city limits.
- Never allow trees, shrubs, or other ornamental yard plants to obstruct public rights-of-way such as sidewalks, streets, alleys, or parking areas.
City ordinances are designed to maintain the health, happiness, and overall safety of all Ada’s residents. Violation of any of the ordinances listed above may carry a penalty.
For more information, phone the Code Enforcement office at (580) 436-8134.