Solo Cup Company

Solo Cup Company (Photo by Richard R. Barron)

Firefighters were called to extinguish a fire at Solo Cup Company just before 7 a.m. Thursday.

Assistant Fire Chief Rob Johnson said the fire started in an electrical room and the fire, because of the way the room was built, did not spread.

“The room was pretty well noncombustible,” Johnson said. “It’s concrete — concrete walls, concrete ceiling. It did have some wall coverings which burned a little bit.”

Firefighters used foam and water to extinguish the flames. Johnson said there was significant damage to some electrical equipment and the company estimated the damage at $15,000 to $20,000.

This Week's Circulars