12-29 FIRE.jpg

Ada firefighters exit a home after getting a fire under control Tuesday. (Phot by Randy Mitchell)

Randy Mitchell
Ada Evening News

By Randy Mitchell

City Editor

ADA — Three Ada residents escaped a house fire without major injury Tuesday.

A child and his parents escaped after the child accidentally started the fire, according to Ada Fire Marshal Justin Priest. The blaze occurred at a residence in the 500 block of E. Sixth Street just after 1 p.m.

Ada firefighters responded and reported fire and heavy smoke coming from windows around three sides of the structure. Assistant Fire Chief Rob Johnson said the inside of the home received heavy fire damage and fire destroyed most of the home’s contents.

Priest said the child’s mother and father were asleep in a back bedroom when the child stuffed some paper in a wall-mounted gas heater, igniting the blaze. The child woke the parents and all evacuated with only the mother receiving minor injury.

Priest said she experienced minor burns and blistering to one arm. She was treated at the scene by Valley View EMS. The Red Cross was called for assistance.

This Week's Circulars