Tom Cole

Tom Cole

Richard R. Barron
The Ada News


As Congress wrangles over the federal deficit, Rep. Tom Cole has a suggestion for his fellow House Republicans to consider.

The Oklahoma congressman said recently that Republicans should accept a deal now to extend tax cuts for the middle class and save the debate over extending tax breaks for higher-income earners for later.

“I believe Congress should act now to approve tax cut extensions for 98 percent of taxpayers, so that the threat of devastating tax hikes will be off the table while we negotiate to cut spending and keep taxes low for the remaining 2 percent in the upper brackets,” Cole said in an email to an Ada News reporter.

Read more in The Ada News. Call 580-332-4433 to subscribe today!


This Week's Circulars