FEBRUARY 28, 2014
• Raffle tickets are on sale to win two Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and to help fight cancer by supporting Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20 and are available at Every Nook & Cranny, 110 E. Main St., 580-332-3899, or call Nashea at 405-756-0922 for more information. Tickets will be on sale until March 1. Proceeds will be donated in remembrance of Chuck Crosslin.
MARCH 1, 2014
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Success by Seuss” featuring storytelling by Tim Woods will be at the Ada Public Library March 1 at 10:30 a.m. It will be an interactive storytelling presentation of the classic tales of Dr. Seuss. By drawing on the life of Theodore Seuss Geisel, the character-based program encourages people to persevere.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MARCH 3, 2014
• "Requiem" by Victoria Davison and Rudy Lupinski is to be premiered by the ECU Singers and instrumental ensemble under the direction of Dr. Steven Walker on March 3, at 7:30 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1300 E. Beverly, Ada. A reception will follow in Benedictine Hall. This event is open to the public, and is sponsored by the Ada Arts Council.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email email@example.com or call 580-427-5433.
MARCH 4, 2014
• Testing for the practical nurse career major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• Circle Time of Ada meets the first Tuesday of the month at Glenwood Resource Center, 825 W. 10th, 6:30 p.m. Circle Time of Ada is a non-profit support group for anyone who has a child, knows someone with, or wants to learn more about Autism spectrum disorders as well as other developmental disorders and special needs. For more information call Linda Dickinson at 580-310-7263 or www.facebook.com/CircleTimeofAda.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.