FEBRUARY 5, 2014
• A blood drive will be held at Ada Cougar Activity Center 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
FEBRUARY 6, 2014
• PAST will have its monthly meeting Thursday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church on 13th Street in Ada.
• A Taco Sale will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction will start at 5:30 p.m. with John Garber as auctioneer. The Red Barn Band will perform. Orders of two or more will be delivered. Call 436-1007 for more information.
• Testing for the Practical Nurse Career Major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580-436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
• Ada Juliette Low Leadership Society will host Swirls and Pearls for the Girls event to honor “The Gallup Girls,” Mary Garber, Becky Payton and Regina Robertson. The event will consist of wine tasting, a pearl sale and more. Proceeds will support local Girl Scout programs. Tickets are available online at www.gseok.org/JLLS.
FEBRUARY 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Dan Harnes will hold a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. There will be an auction for food, can goods, dry goods, jellies, jams, etc. All members are requested to attend as there will be a class afterward.
• Ada Main Street’s Charmed by Chocolate event will be held Saturday, Feb. 8 from 11-2 p.m. at Ada Depot, 300 W. Main St. in Ada. There is no fee for entering. Tickets to the event, to taste any or all chocolate creations and to participate in the silent auction, are $5. Call Amy Kaiser at (580) 436-1600 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
FEBRUARY 10, 2014
• The Garvin County Republican Party will meet on Monday, Feb. 10 at 7 p.m. at Christian Life Church Fellowship Hall, 820 S. Walnut, in Pauls Valley. All of those interested in the Party are urged to attend. Call 405 740-5131 for more information about the meeting or the Republican Party.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome For appointment, call 580/436-4494, Weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email email@example.com or call 580-427-5433.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the north side of the extension center building in the compartment B, south of the County jail. For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
FEBRUARY 11, 2014
• Registration will be held at the Jean Carr gallery 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 11, 2014 for a photography expo sponsored by Artists of the Arbuckles for youth, novice, amateur and professional photographers. The expo will be Feb. 13- Feb. 23. For registration information and forms, contact Royce Gideon at firstname.lastname@example.org (580-622-5744), Melissa Lapointe at email@example.com (580-622-2225), Eve Bondesen at firstname.lastname@example.org (580-622-6689) or Sondra Drake at email@example.com (580-622-5592).
• Patty Wagon Shuttle will provide a free day of transportation Tuesday, Feb. 11, Thursday, April 17 and Tuesday, June 17, for senior citizens age 65 and up. Travel to run errands or for appointments in the Ada area will be on a first-come first served basis. For an appointment call 580-272-3220.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• The Pauls Valley Library Book Club will meet at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 11, at the Pauls Valley Library library to discuss “Quentins” by Maeve Binchy. The book for March will be “The Thirteenth Tale” by Diane Setterfield. All readers are welcome.