Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page.
JULY 3, 2013
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Wednesday from noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. This group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information, phone Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Cost is $5 per person, and the dance is open to the public.
JULY 4, 2013
• Ada Area Bridge Club meets every Thursday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 17th and Broadway, at 1 p.m. Phone Frank Shanklin at 580-559-1554 for more information.
• South Central Oklahoma Lupus Support Group usually meets the first Thursday of each month; however, since the first Thursday of July falls on the 4th of July national holiday, the July meeting is cancelled. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, Aug. 1, at 6 p.m. at the Main Street Church of Christ, 408 E. Main St., Davis. This meeting is open to all persons with lupus, those who have a loved one or friend with lupus, or anyone who would like to learn more about lupus. For more information regarding the meeting, information on lupus, or telephone support, contact Vickey Wiles at 580-247-0980 or email@example.com. For more information regarding lupus, you may also contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Oklahoma Chapter, at 1-800-725-6445 or online at lupus.org.
JULY 5, 2013
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Friday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• Stonewall Independence Day Celebration 2013 children’s fair begins at 6 p.m. and fireworks at 9 p.m. Events include arts and crafts, face painting, great food, train rides for children and Moon Bounce.
JULY 6, 2013
• Stonewall Independence Day Celebration 2013 parade begins at 10 a.m.
• Francis Auxiliary will be hosting its annual Fourth of July celebration beginning with a parade at 8:15 a.m., followed by games, concession food, horseshoes and cake walk at 10:30 a.m. Dominoes follow the horseshoes event. Dominoes and horseshoes are $5 to enter per event per person. Fireworks show begins at dark. To volunteer or for more information, contact Heather Specht at (580) 320-3061.
• Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Don Harness host a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. Every member and elders should attend. Paper and pencils will be needed for class after the meeting.
JULY 8, 2013
• Back to School Basics Steering Committee meets at noon in the upstairs meeting room of Ada Public Library. Dates and times for gathering supplies and distribution information will be discussed.
Participating school representatives as well as any interested persons are invited to attend.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• FREE tax help and FREE e-filing offered Mondays thru April 08 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. ALL AGES WELCOME. For appointment, call 580/332-3882.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Desert Storm Post 11194, holds its monthly meeting the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Music Room located on the second floor of Ada Public Library. Anyone having an interest in the VFW, any veteran, and especially those who have earned a campaign medal through participation in combat are encouraged to attend. The Post also operates a Veterans Service Office at 701 N. Broadway in Ada.