The Ada News
The East Central University men’s tennis team met with St. Mary’s in Dallas for a neutral match and fell 2-7.
The Tigers earned their wins at No. 4 and No. 5 singles. Sophomore Marc Fillat claimed a 4-6, 6-3, 13-3 win over Matt Banner at No. 4 singles, and sophomore Victor Blasco defeated Carlos Olea 6-3, 6-2 at No. 5 singles.
ECU will continue its road trip with matches against Northwest Missouri State (March 15) and Washburn (March 16) before returning home and starting the Great American Conference season March 30 against Ouachita Baptist.
St. Mary’s 7, ECU 2
1. Stefan Stein vs Andrei Klippa SM 2-6, 6-3, 11-9
2. Max DeJuan vs Zachary Nicholson SM 6-4,6-2
3. Julian Caminos vs Jared Fellows SM 6-0,6-2
4. Marc Fillat vs Matt Banner ECU 4-6,6-3,13-3
5. Victor Blasco vs Carlos Olea ECU 6-3,6-2
6. Nate Kipping vs Brien Galon SM 2-6,6-1,3-6
1 Caminos/Blasco vs Nicholson/Fellows SM 3-8
2. DeJuan/Fillat vs Klippa/Olea SM 4-8
3.Stein/Cabato vs Galon/Banner SM 4-8
The East Central University women’s tennis team lost 0-9 to St. Mary’s at a neutral site in Dallas after being idle for two weeks.
Senior Marta Valles put up a fight at No. 1 singles, falling to Marian Rong 7-6 in the first set and 6-1 in the second. Valles also paired with Elisabeth Dignard at No. 1 doubles, falling 4-8 to Rong and Christina Lopez.
The Lady Tigers will continue a long week of action Wednesday, when they host the first Great American Conference match of the season against Ouachita Baptist at 11 a.m. ECU will also face Northwest Missouri State (March 15), Missouri Western (March 15) and Washburn (March 16) over the week.
St. Mary’s 9, ECU 0
1. Marta Valles vs Mariana Rong SM 7-6,6-1
2. Bernardita Muscillo vs Christina Lopez SM 6-3,6-2
3. Elisabeth Dignard vs Felicity Delgado SM 6-4,6-3
4. Mariah Vargas vs Valentine Lambrects SM 6-3,6-1
5. Aurelie Rodriguez vs Ariana Saldana SM 6-0,6-1
6. Agostina Moran vs Bryant SM 6-3,6-1
1. Valles/Dignard vs Rong/Lopez SM 4-8
2. Muscillo/Vargas vs Delgado/Lopez SM 2-8
3. Rodriguez/Moran vs Bryant/Lambrechts SM 1-8