It’s not every day the Ada Police Department gets a call about an IED explosion in the city — a chocolate milk improvised explosive device.
This isn’t Iraq, but Monday was an interesting day just the same..
There were no serious injuries at Nichols Dollar Saver, but an employee reported to patrol officer Michael O’Connor that while he was collecting the trash, something inside one of the trash bags blew up.
The worker told the officer he was hit in the face by debris when the item blew up. The item, the employee believes, was a plastic bottle of chocolate milk that had dry ice in it.
The victim told O’Connor he believed some one used the improvised explosive device as a distraction so they could steal items from the store.
Read more in The Ada News. Call 580-332-4433 to subscribe today!