After the building cooled later in the morning, Priest returned for an investigation.
“I found that in the northeast part of the building there was heavy fire damage,” Priest said. “The breaker panels to the store were in this area. It appeared the fire originated in the area of the electrical panels. The cause of the fire is accidental.”
Fire officials said damage to the building was estimated at $1,100,000. The pre-incident value was $1,125,000. Damage to the contents of the building was estimated at $600,000, which was the value of all contents.