Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MAY 6, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) is partnering with Vision Bank to host a blood drive from 8 a.m. to noon at the main bank and 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Arlington branch.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
MAY 7, 2013
• A special meeting of the Board of Directors for Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development Corporation is 10 a.m. at the new Vision Bank conference room, 1901 Arlington. This meeting is open to the public and participation is encouraged. For more information, phone Carolyn Hill at 580-310-9300.
• Circle Time of Ada, an autism parent group, meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the old Glenwood School. Enter at the west double door. For more information, phone Jennifer Balliett, group leader, at 580-235-2731 or visit www.circletimeofada.com or Facebook.
• Ada Shrine Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at J.D.’s Cafe. Meal is at 6 p.m. and the meeting is at 7 p.m. All Shriners are welcome and encouraged to attend.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
• A new GriefShare Group will begin Tuesday, May 7, 2013. The sessions will be held at the Ada First Free Will Baptist Church Family Life Center (15th and Ash) from 1-2:30 p.m. For more information, contact the church office at 332-3119, Joyce at 332-6138 or Wilma at 436-5317.
• Pontotoc Technology Center Completion Ceremony will be at 6 p.m. at Crosspointe Church.