Ada — Ex-Ada firefighter Jason Smeltz was found not guilty of using a computer to put another person in fear of physical harm or death. A Pontotoc County jury deliberated for about 90 minutes before making its decision. Look for more details in The Ada News.
- Local News
- Chickasaw Nation to host RX Summit
10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Boy severely injured in wreck
- Prisons expand their reach to train new officers
- Disabled veteran helps others succeed in career goals through Veterans Upward Bound at ECU
- Two suspects who eluded police in stolen Jeep are captured and jailed
Ada’s National Night Out set for Tuesday, Aug. 5
The Chickasaw Nation, the city of Ada and East Central University will present National Night Out from 6-9 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 5, on the East Central University campus mall area.
- Konawa man bonds out on child abuse charges; hearing delayed
- Staying safe in the summer heat wave
Yet another pursuit in Ada; car chase spans two counties
For the sixth time in the past two weeks, a police pursuit went through the streets of Ada.
- More Local News Headlines