Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 19, 2014
• Raffle tickets are on sale to win two Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and to help fight cancer by supporting Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20 and are available at Every Nook & Cranny, 110 E. Main Street, 580-332-3899, or call Nashea at 405-756-0922 for more information. Tickets will be on sale until March 1. Proceeds will be donated in remembrance of Chuck Crosslin.
• Mercy Cancer Support Group will meet Wednesday, Feb.19, from noon to 1 p.m. at Mercy Hospital Ada, Classroom 4. A light lunch will be provided as the group discusses “Healthy Eating Made Easy.” The support group meets the third Wednesday of each month.
• Artists of the Arbuckles Photography Expo will be at the Jean Carr Galley, 330 W. Muskogee in Sulphur from 3 to 7 p.m. through Feb. 23.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.