Fittstown — Law enforcement is investigating a fatal crash which occurred near Fittstown Saturday afternoon. A woman — whose identity has not been released pending notification of family — was driving a pickup west on County Road 1680 when, for an unknown reason — she ran of the road to the right, hit a culvert and rolled at least one time. The woman was thrown at least 50 feet from the pickup. She was pronounced dead at the scene by EMS. See Tuesday’s edition of The Ada News for more on this developing story.
- Local News
Oklahoma State University names incoming freshmen to President's Leadership Council
Two students from Byng were named to the President's Leadership Council at Oklahoma State University for the 2014-2015 school year.
Ada company named Tribal Construction Firm of the Year
FSA Construction, LLC was among recipients of awards during Oklahoma Minority Enterprise Development Week and named “Tribal Construction Firm of the Year.”
- Back to School Basics brings school supplies to children in need
- Water main break causing low pressure
Voter registration deadline is Aug. 1 for runoff primary election
Voters have until Friday, Aug. 1, to register to vote in the Aug. 26 runoff primary election, Oklahoma State Election Board Secretary Paul Ziriax said.
- Chickasaws debut "First Encounter" about clash with Hernando De Soto
- Medicine Stone: A celebration of red dirt music Sept. 11-13
- 13-year-old's leg nearly severed in ATV accident on county road
- Chickasaw Nation to host RX Summit
- More Local News Headlines
- Public Records