Ada — FRIDAY
FEBRUARY 28, 2014
• Raffle tickets are on sale to win two Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and to help fight cancer by supporting Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20 and are available at Every Nook & Cranny, 110 E. Main St., 580-332-3899, or call Nashea at 405-756-0922 for more information. Tickets will be on sale until March 1. Proceeds will be donated in remembrance of Chuck Crosslin.
MARCH 1, 2014
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Success by Seuss” featuring storytelling by Tim Woods will be at the Ada Public Library March 1 at 10:30 a.m. It will be an interactive storytelling presentation of the classic tales of Dr. Seuss. By drawing on the life of Theodore Seuss Geisel, the character-based program encourages people to persevere.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MARCH 3, 2014
• "Requiem" by Victoria Davison and Rudy Lupinski is to be premiered by the ECU Singers and instrumental ensemble under the direction of Dr. Steven Walker on March 3, at 7:30 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1300 E. Beverly, Ada. A reception will follow in Benedictine Hall. This event is open to the public, and is sponsored by the Ada Arts Council.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.