Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 25, 2014
• The Red Cross Ada office will be holding a volunteer recruitment event at 6 p.m. The office is at 704 N. Oak Ave., #16, and the event will be to answer any questions potential volunteers may have. For more information about the Red Cross Central and Western Oklahoma Region volunteer opportunities, visit www.redcross.org/volunteer or email Jeff Renner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• State Labor Commisioner Mark Costell will be discussing recent changes to Workman’s Compensation laws 7 p.m. at the Dougan Room at Konawa School.
• East Central University Rotaract Club is hosting an “Around the World with Rotaract” International Silent Auction 2 to 7 p.m. in the University Center that will feature more than 30 handmade and local crafts collected from around the world. The come-and-go format will proceed ECU Rotaract Club’s 2014 project, which is funding a non-government organization in Nepal which allows children to attend school rather than work. For a small donation, international and U.S. food samples will be provided between 4 and 7 p.m.
• Singer, songwriter and guitarist Andrew McKnight will perform at the Ada Public Library at 6 p.m. Feb. 25. The performance is free and open to the public. For more information, call Jennifer Greenstreet at 580-436-8121.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Ada Public Library, second floor. This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, call Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.