• The Peach Town Opry in Stratford will be hosting a benefit concert on Friday, March 7, at 7p.m. Sixteen-year-old Tanner Young from Colbert will be performing country, bluegrass and gospel music. The concert is being held to help raise money for a liver transplant for Anna Carlisle. Admission is free. Donations will be accepted and concession will be available. For more information call Carole at 580-320-4319.
MARCH 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headman Don Harness and councilman Morris Chiles will hold a meeting in Allen at the Masonic Lodge at noon. This will also be a benefit. Members are asked to bring food items for the auction, such as pies, cakes, jam, jellies, canned goods, fresh veggies, etc.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MARCH 10, 2014
• The Garvin County Republican Party will meet on Monday, March 10, at 7 p.m. at the Christian Life Church Fellowship Hall, 820 S Walnut, in Pauls Valley. All of those interested in the party are urged to attend. Call 405-740-5131 for more information about the meeting or the Republican Party.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Mondays through April 14 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580/436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.