Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 5, 2014
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
MARCH 6, 2014
• A Taco sale and pie auction will be held at Chickasaw Seniors Center at 1005 Chamber Loop, from 4 to 7 p.m. The pie auction will be at 5:30 p.m. with Dr. John Garber as the auctioneer. The Red Barn Band will perform. Taco, dessert and drink will be $7. Delivery orders of two or more is available. Call 436-1007 for more information.
• Testing for the practical nurse career major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• PAST will hold its monthly meeting March 6 at First Christian Church on South Broadway in Ada. The meeting will begin at 5:30 pm. Everyone who is interested is invited to attend.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
MARCH 7, 2014
• The 42nd annual Troop 4/Pack 4 Chili Feed will be held Friday, March 7 at First Christian Church, 13th St. and Broadway in Ada. Homemade chili, beef stew, cornbread and homemade pie will be served from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children under 11 years old. Tickets may be purchased at the door; carry-out meals are available. For more information, call 332-3564.