• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
MARCH 13, 2014
• The Ada Rubber Art Stamp Club will meet Thursday, March 13, at 6:30 p.m. instead of the regular first Thursday. The meeting is held at "Scraptopia" located at 107 W. Main St. Newcomers are welcome to attend. There are no fees and no need to bring anything to participate. For more information, call 580-310-9787.
• A special meeting of the Board of Directors for the Tri-County Indian Nations Community Development will be held on Thursday, March 13, 10 a.m. at Coalgate City Hall, 3 S. Main, Coalgate. This meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Carolyn Hill at 580-310-9300.
MARCH 14, 2014
• Vanoss Elementary School has set its pre-k pre-enrollment date for Friday, March 14. Pre-enrollment will take place in the Vanoss Library, from 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. All students who will be 4 years old by Sept. 1, 2014, are eligible for enrollment in the pre-k program. All students who are pre-enrolling will be given an academic readiness screening in addition to a hearing screening. Speech screenings may be available by request. Those who wish to enroll their children must bring the child’s Social Security card, birth certificate, shot record, proof of residence and CDIB card, if applicable.
• A Parent Advisory Committee meeting will be held to review activities and expenditures under Title I, II, and VI schoolwide programs. The meeting is open to the public and will be held in the Vanoss Elementary Conference Room at 5 p.m.
MARCH 15, 2014
• The 120th Supply and Service Battalion will have its 16th reunion at 5 p.m. at the Chickasaw nation Community Center in Ada.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.