• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12, 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email email@example.com.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
MARCH 10, 2014
• ACT II will be holding auditions for “Little Women” at 6:30 p.m. in Faust Hall, room 211 at East Central University. There are seven female roles and four male roles, all ages 16 and up. If interested, be prepared to sing a portion a cappella. For more information, contact Micah Gordon through Facebook or call 918-839-4100.
• The Garvin County Republican Party will meet on Monday, March 10, at 7 p.m. at the Christian Life Church Fellowship Hall, 820 S Walnut, in Pauls Valley. All of those interested in the party are urged to attend. Call 405-740-5131 for more information about the meeting or the Republican Party.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Mondays through April 14 by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580-436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-427-5433.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the north side of the extension center building in Compartment B, south of the county jail. For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.