Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
MARCH 7, 2014
• “A Very Potter Musical” will be presented at East Central University's Dorothy Summers Theatre. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m. Admission is free.
• Books are Fun Book Fair will be held on the ground floor hallway at Mercy Hospital Ada 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• The 42nd annual Troop 4/Pack 4 Chili Feed will be held Friday, March 7, at First Christian Church, 13th Street. and Broadway in Ada. Homemade chili, beef stew, cornbread and homemade pie will be served from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for children under 11 years old. Tickets may be purchased at the door; carry-out meals are available. For more information, call 332-3564.
• The Peach Town Opry in Stratford will be hosting a benefit concert on Friday, March 7, at 7p.m. Sixteen-year-old Tanner Young from Colbert will be performing country, bluegrass and gospel music. The concert is being held to help raise money for a liver transplant for Anna Carlisle. Admission is free. Donations will be accepted and concession will be available. For more information call Carole at 580-320-4319.
MARCH 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headman Don Harness and councilman Morris Chiles will hold a meeting in Allen at the Masonic Lodge at noon. This will also be a benefit. Members are asked to bring food items for the auction, such as pies, cakes, jam, jellies, canned goods, fresh veggies, etc.