• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email email@example.com.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
APRIL 6, 2014
APRIL 7, 2014
• Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium drive. For more information, call 580-320-0747.
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 580-427-5433.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-plex on the north side of the extension center building in the compartment B, south of the County jail. For more information, call the VFW service office at 580-436-6252.
APRIL 8, 2014
• Byrd’s Mill Archeology club meets the second Tuesday of each month at Mercy Hospital Ada conference room at 7 p.m.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada American Legend Hut on North Broadway . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, call Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ada. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Debbie Wall at 580-777-2711 or FBC of Ada at 580-332-4121.