• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
MARCH 5, 2014
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
MARCH 6, 2014
• Testing for the practical nurse career major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• PAST will hold its monthly meeting March 6 at First Christian Church on South Broadway in Ada. The meeting will begin at 5:30 pm. Everyone who is interested is invited to attend.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
MARCH 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headman Don Harness and councilman Morris Chiles will hold a meeting in Allen at the Masonic Lodge at noon. This will also be a benefit. Members are asked to bring food items for the auction, such as pies, cakes, jam, jellies, canned goods, fresh veggies, etc.
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.