Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 27, 2014
• Oklahoma Heart and Mercy’s Wear Red for Women Luncheon will be Thursday, Feb. 27, at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at People’s Electric Cooperative Community Room. Lunch will be provided. RSVP to 580-421-1467.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome For appointment, call 580/436-4494, Weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 28, 2014
• Raffle tickets are on sale to win two Oklahoma City Thunder tickets and to help fight cancer by supporting Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20 and are available at Every Nook & Cranny, 110 E. Main Street, 580-332-3899, or call Nashea at 405-756-0922 for more information. Tickets will be onsale until March 1. Proceeds will be donated in remembrance of Chuck Crosslin.
MARCH 1, 2014
• Ada Recycling Coalition is sponsoring its 16th annual telphone book collection contest for the Pontotoc County area. ARC will give the winning classroom (minimum of 100 phone books) at each participating school money for a pizza party. ARC will also give $150 to the school that collects the most phone books. April 12 9 a.m. to noon is the delivery day for phone books. For more information, call 436-8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Success by Seuss” featuring storytelling by Tim Woods will be at the Ada Public Library March 1 at 10:30 a.m. It will be an interactive storytelling presentation of the classic tales of Dr. Seuss. By drawing on the life of Theodore Seuss Geisel, the character-based program encourages people to persevere.