Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
JANUARY 29, 2014
• Ada Main Street’s Charmed by Chocolate event will be held Saturday, Feb. 8 from 11-2 p.m. at Ada Depot, 300 W. Main St. in Ada. There is no fee for entering. Tickets to the event, to taste any or all chocolate creations and to participate in the silent auction, are $5. Call Amy Kaiser at (580) 436-1600 for more information or email email@example.com.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
JANUARY 31, 2014
• Byng School District will have a Safe, Healthy, and Fit Committee meeting on the morning of Jan. 31, 9:30 a.m., in the board room. Community members and parents are welcome. For more information, call 310-6751.
FEBRUARY 1, 2014
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
FEBRUARY 3, 2014
• The Ada-Area Round-up Club will meet at 7 p.m. at Pontotoc County Agri-plex.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580/436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.