Fittshugh — A 12-year old boy was badly burned near Fitzhugh Monday.
The accident occured at a residence on County Road 3520 at about 3 pm.
Details have not been released yet, but according to radio traffic the boy was burned when a gas can exploded while he was attempting to start some sort of fire.
A caller reported the boy was burned on his upper body and face. He ws taken by Air Evac to an unknown hospital for treatment.
His condition was unknown at presstime.
The accident also sparked a large grass fire. Several agancies responded to douse the flames.