Art Lawler Staff Writer email@example.com
It might be stretching it to call Mary Wade a lucky person today.
The Allen resident lost her home Tuesday evening in what officials believe may have been an electrical fire.
Wade was in Ada at the time. Her cat, however, did not survive, according to officials.
Early reports indicated an explosioncaused the fire but Allen Fire Chief Mike Lawler dismissed that report.
He did say, however, the pressure that built up inside the house resulted in the front windows blowing out.
Wade's residence at104 South Denver was located just a block off Main Street in Allen.
The fire started in the southeast corner or the back end of the three-bedroom house.
Ada firefighters assisted Allen firefighters in putting out the fire. Ada Fire Chief Marion Harris said his records show the call was received at 8:02 p.m. and firefighters arrived at 8:20 p.m.
Lawler said his department got the call at 8 p.m. and arrived about 10 minutes later.
Harris said by the time his crew arrived, the house was about 90 percent engulfed.
A few walls remained standing but were badly charred.
Harris said Ada firefighters left the scene about 9 p.m. once Allen firefighters got control of the blaze, and Lawler said his crew finished up about midnight.
The investigation is continuing, but both fire chiefs said there were no signs of arson.