Byng — According to Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian, Byng schools are no longer locked down. Three juveniles were arrested by Chickasaw Lighthorse Police after they ran away from Byng High School. The three were allegedly involved in a fight at the school involving faculty and another student. Earlier Friday afternoon, deputies were called when fighting broke out among some students and faculty members "couldn't control it," Christian said. Watch for Sunday's print edition of The Ada News for more details.
- Local News
ECU announces concerto competition winner; solo performance tomorrow
The music department at East Central University recently announced Krayton King as the winner of the third annual ECU Concerto Competition, which was held on March 10. King, a native of Grove and a student of Eric Hall, is currently in his freshman year at ECU and at age 17, he is the youngest winner in the competition’s history.
- Affordable housing program set for tonight at ECU
- Looking for good parents
- Inhofe: Campaign finance ruling protects freedom of expression
- Medical examiner: Wreck victim died from injuries
Candidate filing period ends
From the U.S. Congress to the Oklahoma House, several incumbents are hoping to hold onto their jobs in the 2014 elections.
- 4th person charged in Christopher Lane's death
- Local woman thwarts scam at metro hotel
- McCoys hold on in 'Race'
- ECU hires new women's coach
- More Local News Headlines
- ECU announces concerto competition winner; solo performance tomorrow