Byng — According to Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian, Byng schools are no longer locked down. Three juveniles were arrested by Chickasaw Lighthorse Police after they ran away from Byng High School. The three were allegedly involved in a fight at the school involving faculty and another student. Earlier Friday afternoon, deputies were called when fighting broke out among some students and faculty members "couldn't control it," Christian said. Watch for Sunday's print edition of The Ada News for more details.
- Local News
Flash flood watch in effect
A flash flood watch is in effect from 7 am CDT this morning through Thursday morning
Oklahoma State University names incoming freshmen to President's Leadership Council
Two students from Byng were named to the President's Leadership Council at Oklahoma State University for the 2014-2015 school year.
Ada company named Tribal Construction Firm of the Year
FSA Construction, LLC was among recipients of awards during Oklahoma Minority Enterprise Development Week and named “Tribal Construction Firm of the Year.”
- Back to School Basics brings school supplies to children in need
- Water main break causing low pressure
Voter registration deadline is Aug. 1 for runoff primary election
Voters have until Friday, Aug. 1, to register to vote in the Aug. 26 runoff primary election, Oklahoma State Election Board Secretary Paul Ziriax said.
- Chickasaws debut "First Encounter" about clash with Hernando De Soto
- Medicine Stone: A celebration of red dirt music Sept. 11-13
- 13-year-old's leg nearly severed in ATV accident on county road
- More Local News Headlines
- Flash flood watch in effect