Byng — According to Pontotoc County Sheriff John Christian, Byng schools are no longer locked down. Three juveniles were arrested by Chickasaw Lighthorse Police after they ran away from Byng High School. The three were allegedly involved in a fight at the school involving faculty and another student. Earlier Friday afternoon, deputies were called when fighting broke out among some students and faculty members "couldn't control it," Christian said. Watch for Sunday's print edition of The Ada News for more details.
- Local News
- Vandals target local car lot
- Tom Cole: Businesses may decide to drop health insurance
- 83-year-old grandma arrested in pot bust
- Time to get pets rabies shots
City hires consultant to launch housing study
Ada officials are getting ready to take a closer look at the city’s need for affordable housing.
- Testing glitch affects local students, schools
- Faith in God gives Adan a leg up
- Woman suspected of fleeing police with child in vehicle
- Sheriffs descend on state capitol
- Ada man injured in morning wreck
- More Local News Headlines