Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to email@example.com or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
FEBRUARY 6, 2014
• PAST will have its monthly meeting Thursday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 pm. at First Christian Church on 13th Street in Ada.
• A Taco Sale will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction will start at 5:30 p.m. with John Garber as auctioneer. The Red Barn Band will perform. Orders of two or more iwll be delivered. Call 436-1007 for more information.
• Testing for the Practical Nurse Career Major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580-436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
• Ada Juliette Low Leadership Society will host Swirls and Pearls for the Girls event to honor “The Gallup Girls,” Mary Garber, Becky Payton and Regina Robertson. The event will consist of wine tasting, a pearl sale and more. Proceeds will support local Girl Scout programs. Tickets are available online at www.gseok.org/JLLS.
FEBRUARY 8, 2014
• The Lost Cherokee of Arkansas and Missouri Headmen Cliff Bishop and Dan Harnes will hold a meeting at noon at the Masonic Lodge in Allen. There will be an auction for food, can goods, dry goods, jellies, jams, etc. All members are requested to attend as there will be a class afterward.