Ada — WEDNESDAY
FEBRUARY 5, 2014
• A blood drive will be held at Ada Cougar Activity Center 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Divorce/Bereavement Support Group meets each Wednesday at 7 p.m. at The Compassion Outreach Center, 1124 Cradduck Road, Ada. The group offers support for those who have lost a loved one through divorce or death. For more information about this group, call Tom at 580-332-6506.
• A dance is conducted each Wednesday at Irving Community Center, 704 N. Oak from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
FEBRUARY 6, 2014
• PAST will have its monthly meeting Thursday, Feb. 6 at 5:30 p.m. at First Christian Church on 13th Street in Ada.
• A Taco Sale will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1005 Chamber Loop. A pie auction will start at 5:30 p.m. with John Garber as auctioneer. The Red Barn Band will perform. Orders of two or more will be delivered. Call 436-1007 for more information.
• Testing for the Practical Nurse Career Major at Pontotoc Technology Center will be held 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call PTC at 580-310-2260 for an application and to schedule a testing date.
• NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) meets the first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in the conference room next to the dining room at Mercy Hospital Ada. Visitors are welcome.
• Free tax help and free e-filing are offered Monday and Thursdays during February by AARP Tax-Aide at the Ada Masonic Lodge Hall, 730 Crestview. All ages are welcome. For appointment, call 580-436-4494 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
• Ada Juliette Low Leadership Society will host Swirls and Pearls for the Girls event to honor “The Gallup Girls,” Mary Garber, Becky Payton and Regina Robertson. The event will consist of wine tasting, a pearl sale and more. Proceeds will support local Girl Scout programs. Tickets are available online at www.gseok.org/JLLS.