Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association is conducting a fundraiser with a raffle for a 40-inch Sony television. The drawing is Dec. 15. Tickets are $2 each. Proceeds go to benefit veterans. To purchase tickets or for more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173, J.L. Rhodes, 580-332-8811, William Cox at 580-235-6279, James Page at 580-755-5392 or Rich Putnam at 580-310-4115.
SEPT. 16, 2013
• TOPS, Take Off Pounds Sensibly, a support weight loss group, meets at 8:30 a.m. each Monday at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information, phone 580-320-0747.
• Emotions Anonymous is meeting every Monday from 12 noon until 1 p.m. at Central Church of Christ, 820 Stadium Drive. For more information call Kristina at (580) 279-4870.
SEPT. 17, 2013
• Ada Prime Timers meet at J.D.’s Cafeteria for the regular monthly meeting. Visitation begins at 5:30 p.m. The meal will be served at 6 p.m. Tony Pippen and Dona Hensley will present a musical program. Guests are welcome.
• Volunteers with Ada Regional United Way Inc. will cover the area (blitzing) to bring additional funds to the 2014 ARUW Campaign. Sponsor for the event is Ada Nissan. Hot dogs and soft drinks or water will be available while supplies last. For each $10 contribution delivered in person, an individual can complete an entry form for an end-of-the-day drawing. Inidividuals making a $10 contribution will receive a ARUW T-shirt, while supplies last. SCORE radio will be broadcasting life from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
• Al-Anon meets at 8 p.m. each Tuesday at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.