NOV. 25, 2013
• The East Central University Human Resources Club will host its annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner at 5:30 p.m. at the Pontotoc County Agri-Plex and Convention Center in Ada. The dinner is free and open to everyone in the community. Volunteers are needed for serving and cleaning. For more information, contact Dr. Steven Roring at 580-559-5812 or contact him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Divorce Care meets from 6-8 p.m. Monday at H20Church kids building, located at the corner of Main and Broadway in Ada. For more information, email email@example.com or phone 580-427-5433.
NOV. 26, 2013
• Combat Infantrymen’s Association (CIA) meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Ada American Legend Hut on North Broadway . This organization is open to Army infantry veterans who have served in a foreign war and earned the Combat Infantryman’s badge. For more information, phone Jack Jones at 580-310-6173 or J.L. Rhodes at 580-332-8811.
• GriefShare support group meets from 7-9 p.m. at Central Church of Christ Family Life Center, 824 Stadium Drive. GriefShare is for people grieving the death of loved ones. Groups meet weekly for 13 weeks to help each individual face the challenge and move toward rebuilding his or her life. There is no charge to attend this grief support group. For more information, contact Barbara at 580-436-3248 or 580-272-7550 or the church office at 580-332-6411.
NOVEMBER 27, 2013
• SMILE- Single mother’s support group meets at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of every month at The Perfect Blend Coffee Shop, 730 E. Main. Dinner is served and then a time of teaching, crafts, or sharing with each other. Childcare is provided. For more information, phone Tisha Cypert at 759-5260.
NOVEMBER 30, 2013
• Tupelo All-School Reunion is from 5-9 p.m. in the school cafeteria. A meal of various sandwiches, chips and dips will be served about 7 p.m. Guests are asked to take a dessert. Theme of this year’s meeting is Golden Oldies. Guests are asked to take interesting articles older than 50 years for viewing. Tupelo School Yearbooks from 1954 to the present on DVD format are available from Kathy Ingram and can be picked up at the reunion if ordered before that time. Visit the Tupelo School web site for more information.