Ada — Area briefs are for non-profit events and organizations. Briefs must be submitted at least five days before the event by bringing them into the office, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing them to 580-332-8841. Briefs will not be accepted over the telephone. Church-related briefs are published only on Friday’s religion page. All activities may be subject to change due to weather conditions.
NOV. 21, 2013
• Risky Business – Breast Cancer Awareness Luncheon is noon until 1 p.m. in classrooms 1-3 of Mercy Hospital Ada. Lunch will be provided. RSVP to Belinda.email@example.com or (580) 421-1467
• Ada First Baptist Church Bread of Life Ministry offers a free meal to those in the community who are in need. The meal is served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church dining room, 521 S. Broadway Ave., Ada. For more information, phone 580-332-4121.
NOV. 23, 2013
• Pontotoc County 4-H is sponsoring a babysitting clinic from 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, through 11:15 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, for youth aged 11-17. Participants do not have to be current 4-H members to attend. Cost is $20 and includes all materials, a first aid kit, a “Babysitter Bag of Tricks,” and CPR and first aid training (although certification cards will not be issued). To register or for more information, contact Becky Walker at the OSU Extension office 580-332-2153 or Mamie Thompson at 405-615-6231.
• American Legion Post 72 hosts bingo each Saturday night. Mini games begin at 6 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7 p.m. Snack bar items are available.
NOV. 24, 2013
• Wild Goose musicians jam session takes place each Sunday from 4-8 p.m. at Wild Goose Club in Sasakwa. This event is a gathering for musicians for a house band and opening for the house band and promotions. Musicians need to take their own instruments. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, phone Kallo at 405-941-3071.